Frequently Asked Questions HSD

What does it cost for the High School Diploma?

GGAE Diploma and GED classes are currently completely online and FREE as in absolutely NO OUT OF POCKET COST!

What do I need to start the diploma program?

You must be 18 or older, and there is no maximum age. All we need is a copy of your most recent transcripts.

How long does it take to finish the diploma program?

It depends on how many credits you need. Once you show us your high school transcripts and a counselor reviews your credits, we can tell you how many classes you need.

If you can spend 15 hours per week on your classes, you should be completing 1 credit per week.

Why do I have to take the CASAS Test?

As a WIOA, Title II funded agency, all Diploma and GED students at Garden Grove Adult Ed are required to participate in CASAS testing. The CASAS test is used as a placement test to see if your reading skills are at a high school level.
We CASAS post-test students throughout the year to see if your reading skills increase while taking classes.

How do I enroll in the program?

Please register on the online registration beginning Aug. 2. Make sure to have your transcripts from the last school you attended. Our office will contact you to schedule a day for orientation to get you tested for CASAS. The counselor will contact you to provide you details on classes to take and when to begin.